Cleaner's Interview Procedures
- Always goes to an interview smartly dressed, appearance is everything. Your job interview dress code should include neat, clean clothes that appropriately cover the body (when you have no time to get change for the interview always apologise for your appearance).
- Turn off your mobile phone before you enter the client’s house.
- Do not chew gum or sweets during the interview; you are there to speak, listen and present yourself as a capable serious person.
- It is very important to be on time for the interview, on time means ten to fifteen minutes early.
- Always greet the customer by his/her last name and try to pronounce it correctly.
- Introduce yourself and state your organization.
- Smile and be friendly by giving a firm handshake.
- Ask questions to find out what are your client’s needs are. Be prepared to take notes (i.e. what you are expected to do and not do; the appropriate use of cleaning products. etc).
- Show your enthusiasm by keeping an interested expression; nod and make positive gestures in moderation.
- Let the client lead the interview.
- Answer politely and truthful when asked.
- Listen carefully when you are given instructions regarding their expectations.
- If you don’t understand what you’ve been told ask questions to clarify your understanding.
- Do not be negative, aggressive or defensive