Wash your windows on a dry, cloudy day
- Do not work in direct sunlight as it causes streaks (the cleaning solution dries before you can wipe it off). This is also the best time to vacuum the frames and sills
- Cool clear water is best. If your windows are particularly dirty it can help to add 2 to 3 tablespoons of vinegar per gallon of water.
- Use horizontal strokes on the inside and vertical on the outside. This way you will know which side the streaks are on.
- To dry your windows, a wad of crumpled newspaper works just as well as expensive paper towels
- Wear rubber gloves to keep your hands free of ink.
Cleaning UPVC window frames
Over the years we have used various solutions but have recently come across “Flash Mark and Stain Eraser” to get the dirt out of our white plastic UPVC window frames and we have been very impressed by this product, why not give it a go and let us know how you go on?
- Clean your curtain track with a damp clean cloth.
- Spray furniture polish on to a clean cloth and wipe the polish over your curtain tracks
Hey presto you will have smooth running curtains once again.